Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Actually Editing the Commercial

On Monday we actually started editing our commercial. I was the main one in charge of the editing. I used Pinnacle Studios to make the commercial more enjoyable to watch. I’m not gonna lie, our acting was a bit stale and cringy. I attempted to add funny sound effects and music to give the commercial more life. When I finished my first draft of the commercial, it was a minute and thirty seconds long. That was way to long for the final cut. The final commercial needed to be twenty-five to thirty seconds long. I was stuck and didn’t know what else to cut out. Emily personally helped me shorten scenes. She also gave me advice on what footage we could cut out and what we can leave in. While we were cutting stuff out of the commercial, an idea popped in my head. At this time currently, the commercial’s scenes would abruptly cut from each other. I had the idea to fade out the ending of a scene and fade in the beginning of a scene together. When I did that, I chopped off fifteen seconds from the commercial. I was pretty proud of thinking about that. Emily suggested to cut out the bit where the ‘principal’ kicks out the boys from the bathroom. Instead of the principal telling the boys their consequence, we could do a voice over. Emily recorded herself saying, “The boys got a five-day suspension. Be a mate and don’t vape.” I added the voice over onto a black and white picture of the principal’s shocked face. I also added the words she said on a piece of word art. Angelo helped out with the audio. He obtained the background music that played during the boys’ conversation. The music is called ‘Dansez – Fashion’. It fits really well with the commercial. I am very glad Angelo got that piece of music. He also got the little sound effect that played when Boy 1 whipped out the vape. Lastly he obtained the dramatic sound effect that played when the ‘principal’ looked at the vape in Boy 2’s hand. I match the timing of the zoom with the timing of the ‘DUN … DUN… DUUUUUUH’ so it flowed better. I made sure all of the audio he collected was royalty free. You never know if our commercial will be viral.

No comments:

Post a Comment