Tuesday, October 29, 2019

(Not) Editing the Commercial

(Not) Editing the Commercial

          On Friday, after we shot all the takes of the day, we entered the classroom. In it, was pandemonium. The students were running around looking for working computers. The teacher was trying to settle the class down. The computer cursors had the "spinning blue wheel of death" (loading wheel). It was absolute chaos. The computer, all of them, did not have the editing software. When I went to my computer, I loaded it up. It took about 10 minutes just to see the windows home screen. And to confirm to all of the panic of my peers, there was no Pinnacle Studios application on the top right of the home screen. Thankfully, the teacher claimed that today none of the class will be failed because of a technical difficulty. I was relieved because this situation was literally out of our hands. We couldn't do anything. All we could do was stare at the Windows logo and wait for a miracle to happen. I, for one, started to work on my Filming Blog. It was the last one I posted. I, like always, waited till last minute to turn it in. It was assigned on Monday and it was due Friday night. So since the computers did not have the editing software, I did the only reasonable thing. I think I was the last one to blog. On Tuesday, I walked into class ready to edit. Since I already know how to edit I was pumped. I use an editing software at home called Sony Vegas Pro. I use it to make funny videos of my friends like Jimmy who has AICE Media Studies 5th period (I have it 2nd). Anyways I walked into class and felt stagnate air in the room. It felt foreboding and I immediately anticipated bad news incoming. And to my surprise, the teacher told us the bad news. The computers still do not have Pinnacle Studios. The teacher said that we will soon get a laptop cart that will allow us to edit. And that for now, just blog about how we did not edit at all currently. So that is why this blog is called (Not) Editing the Commercial. Also since no one was editing, it allowed our group to go back out into the campus and re-shoot some failed shots without being behind the other groups. I always try to look at the bright side. Every gray cloud has a silver lining.

No comments:

Post a Comment