Thursday, December 5, 2019

Editing the Music Video

          Just like the last project, I was mainly in charge of editing. Emily and Angelo don't have the level of knowledge that I have when it comes to editing. That is not a bad thing though. Emily is great at using the camera. Also, Angelo can get an Oscar with his acting. I'm ok with my main job being editing. Plus I have lots of fun editing. The first thing I did was dump all of the footage from my phone onto the laptop. Then I put the raw footage into the editing software. Since it was a music video, we didn't need any of the background sounds. So what I did was highlight all of my footage and ungrouped it all. By doing so, I could separate the audio tracks from the visual footage. I then deleted all of the audio tracks. After that, I downloaded the audio of our song off of YouTube. I had to download it in order to insert it into the editing software. I then cut down the song to a minute and ten seconds. We are not using the whole song for our music video so we do not need the rest. Afterward, I cut down each scene to fit with the lyrics they represent. Some scenes were too long so I had to trim them down. Other scenes were too short so I had to slow down the footage. This proved to be the most time-consuming part. Every time I would edit a single scene, it would desync all the scenes after it. I'm sure there was a more efficient way to handle that, but what's done is done. I also added a cool little transition for the bridge connecting two scenes. It made the end of the fire scene fade out while I made the start of the sun scene fade in. Then I overlapped the two scenes together to make a cool effect. The fading happens at the lyric, "We can burn brighter, than the sun!" I think the effect fits very well with the lyrics. I also added a fall-off effect to the song's ending. I made the volume at the end of the music video gradually get lower. I made it this way because it would be awkward for the song to just abruptly cut-off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment