Friday, January 17, 2020

Start of the Final Task

          Greetings again! My name is Rafael and I am a sophomore in Fort Lauderdale High School. I am enrolled into the Cambridge AICE program to help ensure my "Bright Future." After high school, I wish to attend a prestigious college (University of Florida) and the AICE program will help me do just that. And even more in the future, I want to major in Microbiology and eventually work in a hospital as a Microbiologist. My strong suits in academics are Math and Science. Some of my weak points, however, are English and Social Studies. By taking this course, I wish to broaden my strengths and learn about film and the film making process. Also, I just find films entertaining. I want to know how my favorite films are made and what it takes to do such a task. How does someone start when put to the task of making a film?

          I have already learned many things in the first semester of this course. I learned about a wide variety of camera angles and how they are used. I learned about a wide range of cuts and what each one means to the audience. I learned about different types of sounds and why they are put in. This is just a tidbit of what knowledge I gained in the past 5 months. But one of the main things I learned to do is edit. This is also what I am most excited to do for the Final Task. The final task is the beginning minutes of a movie and my group members pretty much have their roles. Emily will be the camerawoman, Mariapaula and Darwin will be the main actors, and I will be the main editor (with a little bit of acting). I can't wait to work my editing magic on the film.

          The start of any good film are good ideas. Pitches are sentences used to describe a film in 25 words or less. Here are some pitches that my group and I came up with:
First pitch: Group of friends hanging out by the pool and two of the friends has swapped bodies after recovering the phone that has been dropped.
Second pitch: The life of a stalker who wishes he was normal, except his mental disability makes it hard for him not to fall in love with anyone and kidnaps them.Third pitch: A teen love story between a boy and a girl where there is believed they have mutual feelings, but the boy is really just using her for her smarts.

Below are some pictures of my group and I brainstorming these pitches:



No comments:

Post a Comment