Thursday, March 19, 2020

Editing: Combining the Footage

           So after we finished filming all of our footage, it was time to edit. I have an editing software at home that I use to edit videos. I had previously used it for both my commercial and music-video. I thought that maybe since I was in a new group I would get a different job. But no, I still had the editor role. It is fine, I love editing. It is just that I wanted to maybe do something different for the Final Task. Well, it might have been better for me to stick to what I am good at. Perhaps this was a blessing in disguise. Anyways, a few days after the last filming day, I stretched my fingers and got to work. I had Mariapaula send me the footage to me through Gmail. My laptop does not have an SD card reader. That means I cannot transfer the footage straight from the SD card to my editing software. So I asked Mariapaula to get the footage as files instead. After a few minutes of downloading the footage, I dumped it into my editing software. I then just placed the footage in order. I used the storyboard as my reference. I can get confused from time to time. However, when I finally combined all the footage, it was way over the time limit. The time limit is 1:50-2:00 minutes, but the ending result was 2:40. This footage definitely needs to be edited down.  


No comments:

Post a Comment