Friday, March 20, 2020

Editing: Trimming and Changing Footage Speed

           I mentioned last blog that the video exceeded the time limit. In this blog, I will talk about how I addressed this issue. Also, I will talk about my thought process and methods I used to combat this issue. Forty seconds was a lot of time that needed to be chopped off. I remember back when I edited my commercial, time was a challenge. I had to cut off a lot back then. In the end, I didn't very much like the final product. Thankfully, that did not happen with this video. At first, I tackled the very long and drawn-out scenes. These included the clothes-throwing scene, tooth-brushing scene, and the establishing shots. I cut off the awkward pauses and irrelevant actions. I also made sure everything transitioned smoothly between each scene. If someone walked out of the frame for the last scene, the next scene should start with them walking in the frame. After I cut the problematic and a few scenes down, I had to do something else. I went and did the only other thing I could do: speed-up the footage. I sped up certain scenes that went by a little too slowly. Darwin's scenes were particularly slow. Not trying to be mean, but he was not the greatest of actors. Scenes that I sped up include: shower scene, tooth-brushing scene, and the closet scene. In the end, the footage turned out to be a minute and 57 seconds long. That is just under the time limit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment