Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Editing: Adding the Song and Messing with Sound

          It has been a long time since I last blogged. The whole pandemic put everything on hold for a while. Luckily I have the luxury of editing while at home. After I finished trimming the film, I needed to add the background song. We discussed what song we should use during our planning phase knowing that one would be required. We decided on a happy-go-lucky song awhile back. Darwin suggested it because it would contrast the eerie mood that would take place on screen. While I agreed with him back then, I'm on the fence about the song choice now. Although it does fit Carolina getting ready in the morning, Kenny does not do anything sinister so the contrast Darwin talked about is not really there. The song Mariapaula suggested was "Summertime"-by Egozi. It pretty relaxing and chill and fits the morning scenes just right. After I added the song in, I had to mess around with the sound. I wanted to make sure you can hear everything in the scenes I want you to hear. The song was really loud in the beginning, so I had to lower it quite a bit. I muted some scenes that I found the sounds unnecessary. Also, I lowered the song during scenes that contained dialogue so you can hear what the characters are saying. The red audio track contains the sound in the scenes. The teal audio track contains muted scene sounds. The purple audio track is the music. And finally, the small yellow audio piece it a slight sound that I wanted to keep in and make it louder than anything else in the scene.



No comments:

Post a Comment