Thursday, April 9, 2020

My First Project: Commercial

          This assignment was a great learning experience. This involved filming an infomercial about vaping in school. Angelo was great at acting and Emily was getting the hang of the camera. At first, I was a bit nervous about my acting. I would stutter a lot and mess up my lines. I was not sure if Media Studies was the right class for me. But once I started to edit, I felt much more at home. It is then when I realized that I mainly belong behind the scenes for videos, not in front. I was able to manipulate the video just the way I wanted it. If I needed to change anything I could do it in an instant. I wouldn't have to rely on someone else to get the finished product. And since I am the one editing, I can be super critical without having to worry about hurting anyone's feelings. Once I started editing, everything I envisioned while my group was coming together. Each small detail that I wanted to add in was put in place. It worked out pretty well for my first project. The acting was a bit on the rough side. So to compensate the subpar acting, I tried to make it look and sound as cheesy as possible. I was the one who made the fake mustache for Darwin. I also included cheesy sound effects. I think getting the video down to 30 seconds was the hardest part of the process. We filmed a bit too much and the video was like a story. If we wanted to remove something, it would have made the later scenes make no sense.


No comments:

Post a Comment