Friday, April 17, 2020

My Second Project: Music Video

        This was my second project for the class. I made a music video using the song "We Are Young" by fun. Here I felt as if my editing skills really improved. I learned a lot of new techniques. This time around there was not much editing. I played a minor character in the video so I did not really "act." My other groupmate Angelo was the main character of the video. A friend of ours, Mariapaula, let us use her house as a setting. She also agreed to play the love interest in the video. Emily was still camerawoman and was doing a fine job at it. This project was a bit more stressful than our previous project. We had some complications with Angelo. He couldn't show up on the first filming day because of personal reasons. I remember vividly Emily being enraged that day because of him. Thankfully we got all of our filming done the second day. I used some pretty neat editing tricks for this video. I slowed down some shots. I would also speed up other shots. I did this so the actions in the footage would be in sync with the rhythm of the song. It was pretty challenging. But in the end, it was a great learning experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment